PA Connecting Communities is Now Hiring for the position of Employment Specialist! PA Connecting Communities is a qualified provider offering services to meet the diverse needs of individuals with a variety of disabilities including intellectual disabilities and autism. In addition, The Employment Specialist will work with school districts, the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, veterans, and other individuals referred for career development. We are currently hiring highly qualified individuals to work in our Vocational and Transition programs.
The mission of PA Connecting Communities is Empowering individuals with special needs and/or needing accommodations, with information and opportunities to improve their quality of life. PACC accomplishes this by developing social programs to develop friendships, promoting the arts, participating in community programs, promoting inclusion, and developing competitive employment opportunities. The vision of PA Connecting Communities is to create social change through this mission by providing, vocational (on the job) training programs, programs that focus on social/cultural activities, recreational/ fitness opportunities, and remedial/academic classes to the disability community. PACC follows the principle of “Everyday Lives”.
The ideal candidate:
It is preferred that the Employment Specialist has earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work or a related field. Experience in adult education, mental health or Intellectual Disabilities is beneficial. Must have ACRE certification or a minimum of 2 years’ workforce development experience. A minimum of 4 years’ experience working with intellectually disabled adults is preferred.
- Work closely with individuals to identify vocational interests, create resumes, search for jobs, learn job tasks, conduct mock interviews, and apply for jobs.
- Teach individuals the proper way to work in a variety of job settings to be able to maintain their employment.
- Identify and secure volunteer placements for assessments.
- Collaborate with the persons team, including participation in the annual ISP meetings when applicable.
- Submit timely and accurate documentation according to company policy.
- Have flexible schedule – mornings, afternoon and evenings, possible occasional weekends. Schedule will reflect your clients’ work schedules.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Be computer literate.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle available for daily use.
- Must be able to pass Criminal Background Check, FBI and Child Abuse Clearances.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate based on experience and education.
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Daytime including some evening and weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
PPE provided, risk mitigation strategy in place.
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: On the road.