Employment Specialist (Pittsburgh and Surrounding Counties)
PA Connecting Communities – Carnegie, PA
Flexible Schedules, Competitive Pay Rates, & Benefit Opportunities available. FT & PT positions open in Allegheny, Beaver, and Westmoreland Counties.
PA Connecting Communities is Now Hiring for the position of Employment Specialist! PA Connecting Communities is a qualified provider offering services to meet the diverse needs of individuals with a variety of disabilities including intellectual disabilities and autism. In addition, The Employment Specialist will work with school districts, the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, veterans, and other individuals referred for career development. We are currently hiring highly qualified individuals to work in our Vocational and Transition programs.
The mission of PA Connecting Communities is Empowering individuals with special needs and/or needing accommodations, with information and opportunities to improve their quality of life. PACC accomplishes this by developing social programs to develop friendships, promoting the arts, participating in community programs, promoting inclusion, and developing competitive employment opportunities. The vision of PA Connecting Communities is to create social change through this mission by providing, vocational (on the job) training programs, programs that focus on social/cultural activities, recreational/ fitness opportunities, and remedial/academic classes to the disability community. PACC follows the principle of “Everyday Lives”.
The ideal candidate:
It is preferred that the Employment Specialist has earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work or a related field (equivalent education and experience) plus experience in adult education, mental health or Intellectual Disabilities service system. Experience in conducting work readiness assessments, career coaching, and job placement assistance are highly desirable.
- Work closely with individuals to identify vocational interests, create resumes, search for jobs, learn job tasks
- Collaborate with the persons team, including participation in the annual ISP meetings when applicable
- Submit timely and accurate documentation according to company policy
- Have flexible schedule – evenings and afternoons, some mornings, possible occasional weekends
- Have excellent written and verbal skills
- Be computer literate
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle available for daily use
- Must be able to pass Criminal Background Check, FBI and Child Abuse Clearances
For immediate consideration submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your availability and whether you are interested in a full-time or part-time position.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate based on experience and education